Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Weekend roundup - can I pack the cat?

Hi all! Hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to getting your weeks started.

I crammed a lot in to the last couple of days. Priority number one was getting as much of my stuff packed up as possible ready for next weekend's move (the tenancy agreement's all signed and deposit's paid so it's actually happening!). I mostly succeeded, though there's quite a bit still to do.

I'm wondering whether anyone will notice if I sneak the cat in.


Part of packing included me going through my wardrobe to throw out what no longer fits. I cried, alot. It was hard to find that clothes that I'd fitted in to for years now wouldn't do up or squeeze over my thighs. However, something I did do which I've never done before was throw those clothes straight on the "out" pile. Normally they'd have gone in the "keep" pile ready for when I'd slimmed back down. It's finally starting to sink in that that was not my natural size...and I'm never going to be that size again. Such a change in my thought pattern.

Yesterday also consisted of getting my hair cut (for the first time in about 7 months...oh the shame). I kept it safe as it was a new hairdresser, but kinda wished I'd done something a bit different. Next time.


My hair was poker straight when I came out of the hairdresser's. 10 minutes later and it already had kinks in it....

I refuelled with Whole Foods.


Those Rebel Mylk drinks are the shizz. Coconut milk base, sweetened with dates, and totally yum.

On Sunday I managed some form of exercise without too much of a negative impact on my stupid foot injury. I started off with this yoga workout from Tara Lee. It's pretty much the lowest intensity you could ask for, but makes you feel really connected with yourself and surroundings and was exactly what I was needing.

I also went out to the monthly Kew Market and then walked along the river to Richmond. I needed to get away from the house where I'd probably end up mindlessly eating. It was a stunning day and to reward myself for getting out in the beauty I rewarded myself with a Nakd bar and Pret. It was the perfect way to end the weekend.



What was the highlight of your weekend?

E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment