Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

Weekend round-up: even Batman couldn't save me from revision

Hello hello hello!

Hope you've all had lovely weekends!

My weekend started on Friday with a big old salad with eggs. And a few zillion teaspoons of peanut butter.


Saturday was another relaxed today. We'd  planned on going to a Dragon Boat Race but it started chucking it down with rain. Instead I caught up on all the sleep I'd been missing the last few days and then headed into town for a coffee and to pick up an engagement card for my boyfriend's brother. We also got them a £1 Halfords gift card as a silly token gift...the guy on the cash desk said he'd never been asked for that before! What can I say, we're generous souls. I also saw Batman and the Batmobile!


I spent the rest of the day chillaxing at home by myself, nipping to the shops for food, and catching up on TV whilst writing a few blog posts.


Sunday got off to a bit of a false start. I set my alarm so I could get up for a long run. I got up, brushed my teeth, checked my emails...and then went back to bed. I just couldn't face it! An hour later and I was back up, in my running gear, and managed to push out a 5k. Wasn't perfect but better than nothing.

I refuelled with rye bread, egg, and strawberries. I'm consciously trying to have a better proportion of carbs, fats and protein, and this was bang on the money!


Unfortunately the rest of my eats today were rubbish. Whilst I did have a massive salad for lunch, some dates and peanut butter as snacks, and some berries, I also ate a ridiculous number of crisps. Like bags and bags worth. I honestly don't know what my problem is, and I feel awful. I've got to learn that I can't do portion control, and therefore buying larger sizes of items may make more economic sense, but I don't have the willpower to stop at one portion.

I'm going to become enormous.

Unfortunately spent most of the day revising for a project management exam I've got in just over a week, but the weather was a bit pants so I wasn't too bothered. Also caught up on some Celebrity Masterchef :)

What did you get up to this weekend?

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment