Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

Meals and gratitude #1

Hi all,

Just quickly dropping into discuss my eats and exercise today.


Was pretty happy with my eats until I came back and opened the salted nuts - I was busy angrily replying to an email and I just mindlessly munched. I didn't even realise I was doing it, which is so unusual for me. Apart from overeating on the nuts I was happy - obviously without the nuts I would have been way below on calories, but at least my meals were quite well balanced in terms of getting protein (although far too much from nuts - should be a bit more varied), carbs and fats. And nuts do make me feel satisfied!(Look at me not beating down on myself!)

My eating today breaks down to 58% fats, 29% carbohydrates and 13% protein, when ideally we should be aiming for 30% fats, 50% carbohydrates and around 20% protein. So I should really have been switching my carbs and fat around!

Exercise wise I did Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 week 3 and walked 7,859 steps, so happy with that!


Some things I've been doing recently since my low mood due to my B12 deficiency and anaemia are:

- thinking of things I'm looking forward to when I wake up. Sometimes it can be hard to identify something, particularly when you've got a packed day at work, but it forces you to look forward to something and even see the positives in something I may have originally thought of as negative. I find it really helps prevent me from thinking that the day is going to be 100% awful!

- in the evening identifying the things during the day that I was grateful for. Again, it can make a tough day seem alright, and it's good to reflect on the positive things in life! Plus it helps me to really focus on the people who really support me, and reminds me to repay the favour in as many ways as possible.

So, today I was grateful for:

- my line manager having a lovely morale-boosting chat with me after a bit of a depressing meeting at work
- getting to see some of my lovely colleagues in the London office today
- the sun shining on my back on my walk back to the hotel
- walking into my hotel room to find THIS view






What's made you grateful today?

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment