Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Meals and gratitude #5

It's the weekend, it's so warm it feels like stepping into a warm bath when you go outside, and I'm sat in a coffee shop with a peppermint tea. Thank you life.

I've really had to gain some self control with my eating today. I was feeling stuffed, and yet was still eating. This is often a problem when I work from home as I procrastinate eat (and obviously then feel guilty and horrific, even though the calories may actually still not be as many as I need). However I did at least recognise how I was feeling, what I was doing, and that this was stupid - and I did stop. Good right? Plus my breakfast was pretty balanced, as was my lunch (I'm desperately trying to use up my gluten free pasta and pesto as they're both getting near their use by date, so expect a lot of this meal!).

I even made my own almond milk for breakfast! It's the first time I've ever done this and it was actually pretty easy. I didn't strain it properly as I didn't have the proper jam straining cloth, but you couldn't notice in the smoothie. It was nice to know I wasn't having any of the questionable ingredients that you can sometimes find in the cheaper shop brands. 


The recipe was adapted from Deliciously Ella's super easy recipe, the only difference being I used a small squirt of agave syrup rather than the dates as that was all I had in my cupboard. Tasted delicious though!

Wasn't hungry for dinner after all the silly snacking. Those popchips are my fave though! Picked them up on a trip to Whole Foods.


Sorry that's so difficult to read! I'm happy that I didn't go over on anything important, keeping all the different categories quite well balanced.

That coconut oil and cocoa powder was used to make these brownies/chocolates (texture depends on how long you freeze them for). They're so good!





Gratitude 

Things I'm grateful for today:

- such a good run this morning. The weather was gorgeous, and I ran that partiular route the fastest ever, even running at a pace of 9:23 min/mile at one point. Yes, it was tough, but it felt good!

- clean eating, making things such as the almond milk and chocolates myself. I felt so different eating them to something I had bought - I felt less guilty and unsure eating them. Plus it was so much cheaper and you can make as much or as little as you need, saving waste (important when I'm hardly at home and opening a large bottle of almond milk is just not practical!)

- Whole Foods. I realise that's ridiculous to feel thankful for a grocery store, and a lot of the stuff in there isn't always "clean", but I find it an inspiring place to be. It makes me excited to eat, and that's such an important thing for me to feel

- Getting an introductory phone call booked in with a company that provides private therapy for eating issues, from obesity to eating disorders. I'll let you know how it goes next Wednesday.

- Sitting in coffee shops, people watching and blog writing. There's something therapeutic about it :)

Have you ever made your own almond milk or chocolate? What made you grateful today?

Have lovely weekends! Fingers crossed this weather holds out!

E x 


No comments:

Post a Comment